Username:

Password:

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

as part of The Minsk Herald

It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 09:59

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Future of low cost flights in Belarus?
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 23:57 

There were a lot of talks lately about the introduction of low cost flights in Belarus. That made me curious, if it will ever become as 'natural', as it is for the vast majority of European countries. :?:

Post subject: Re: Future of low cost flights in Belarus?
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 12:09 

Last year a Spanish low-coster Vuelling introduced a flight to Barselona from Minsk. prices were not actully very low but at least the process started.
As far as I know the budget airlines like RyanAir or EasyJet need cheap airport service which Minsk 2 airport is not ready to provide. Besides, Belavia has no interest in giving up its market share on popular European destinations. Therefore, unfortunately, I do not expect to see low-costers in this country in the nearest future.

However, we are free to use their service in airports in neighboring countries. I am personally prefering EasyJet and now thinking about flying to Spain with them. Pretty much sure, that most of the forum members have already used service of budget airlines. Let us talk, who is good and who is not. Why people so dislike RyanAir, for example?

Reply  [ 2 posts ]