Forum about Minsk and Belarus

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

as part of The Minsk Herald

It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 10:03

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Travelling
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014, 21:30 

Do what extent do you agree that travelling helps to promote understanding between countries?
It is a commonly held view that travelling is one of the most exciting and precious issue one can ever do. In addition, it helps people to collaborate and interchange their abilities, skills as well as experience. Thus, travelers discover new and picturesque places along with beauty, meet extraordinary people and taste national cuisine of a particular country.
It is no doubt true, that while travelling a person learns more about people’s customs and traditions as well as its mentality, therefore it helps to destroy dull, conservative and unpleasant stereotypes. For example, several years ago, I expected to visit the United Kingdom, that is why, I began to read about the character of British people and was extremely disappointed, unfortunately, practically every article in different magazines or newspapers contained the information about British snobbism, but upon my arrival in London, I was very surprised, as quickly understood that all the information was nothing but nonsense. People in Great Britain are friendly and polite in comparison to our gloomy nation.
It can be seen that travelling broadens a mankind mind. Besides, it is breathtaking to discover new things as well as to communicate with people from all over the world and try to understand their mentality, along with daily way of life. Furthermore, there is a good tradition to take photos of significant landmarks, unusual plants and animals in order to keep a particle of the most unforgettable days in people’s life.

Post subject: Re: Travelling
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 12:43 

A few days ago I was working and I've come across an interesting fact. There was a man from Russia who came to me for a consultation. We were talking, and he said a thing that made me think for a great deal. He said that he was in many places in Belarus, he named a few, and, shame on me, I couldn't have said I've been there. I've never even heard of that places. And I live in Belarus for all my life. I'm sure that I'm not the only one in our country who haven't seen much of it! It's a shame, that our authantics don't go to so many places in our own country! We live in one of the most beautiful places of the world and don't even bother to SEE it! This realisation makes me shoked! I'm so going to KNOW my country!

Reply  [ 2 posts ]