Forum about Minsk and Belarus

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

as part of The Minsk Herald

It is currently 26 Apr 2017, 09:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Reply  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Travelling around Belarus
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 12:09 

A lot of things have been said on our forum about travelling to Minsk and doing the sights in Minsk. But I'd like to tell you some things about travelling around Belarus. A couple of months ago my family and I started travelling around Belarus. We've been to Brest and Polotsk so far. And we are going to visit Nesvizh in November.

I have to admit that this is an amazing experience! It's not very expensive, we go by car, rent a room in a hotel for one night (usually on Saturday and Sunday).

Today I'd like to tell you about my trip to Brest. I have already been to this beautiful city before, but I really wanted to visit a new museum which is situated on the territory of Brest fortress. It was opened on June, 22 this year. It really impressed me! It doesn't look like old boring museums, it's very modern. I had tears in my eyes several times as the guide told us what people were doing in the last peaceful evening before the Second World War. And, what surprised me even more was that my 4-year-old daughter was also interested :-) I do recommend everyone to visit the museum!

Next, we went to the trains museum which is situated very close to the Brest fortress. It displays various historical locomotives and is used for shooting films and various festivals. Museum's collection consists of 56 units. We planned our visit in advance, so the guide was waiting for us, and he took us inside most of the trains. Again, my daughter was involved and she loved it! She was really interested in entering every train and watching at it from the inside.

We spent a night in a nice place (a recreation centre about 50 km from Brest). We cooked a barbecue in the evening, played the guitar and sang songs. I'd also like to show you some of our photos. I hope somebody will get inspired and will visit this beautiful city!

Attachments:
IMG_3967.JPG
IMG_3967.JPG [ 80.64 KiB | Viewed 450 times ]
IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3800.JPG [ 76.23 KiB | Viewed 450 times ]
20140913_112122.jpg
20140913_112122.jpg [ 63.22 KiB | Viewed 450 times ]

Reply  [ 1 post ]