Username:

Password:

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

as part of The Minsk Herald

It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:48

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2014, 14:22 

Australian wrote:
for example: Продажа 2-комнатной квартиры по адресу г. Минск, Карла Маркса ул., дом 50.
They aske $3750 per m2. Any advice? Thanks

It's too expensive, mate. City center, of course, but they are asking too much. Normal price for this area should be around $2500.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2014, 02:44 

Mike76 wrote:
Australian wrote:
for example: Продажа 2-комнатной квартиры по адресу г. Минск, Карла Маркса ул., дом 50.
They aske $3750 per m2. Any advice? Thanks

It's too expensive, mate. City center, of course, but they are asking too much. Normal price for this area should be around $2500.

Thanks mate. $1250 more than normal price. That's nuts.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2014, 11:17 

The best way to monitor prices on Minsk property is to check regularly offers on popular web sites, Realt.by and so on. At least, you will be able to get real picture of what is going in on the market.

Look at this, for example -- http://realt.by/sale/flats/object/560772/. As I said they are asking 2300 USD per 1 m and 100 000 USD for for the decent apartment in the city center. Location, actually, is much better than Karla Marxa.

By the way, when you are not in Minsk you may rent the apartment to an agency and get quite good income. A good apartment in the city center can bring up to 6-8 thousand euros annually.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014, 00:03 

Thanks for those tips, mate. Rent return up to 6-7 k. That's a good return. We have around 3% rent return in Sydeny.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014, 15:36 

Mike76 wrote:
By the way, when you are not in Minsk you may rent the apartment to an agency and get quite good income. A good apartment in the city center can bring up to 6-8 thousand euros annually.

Really???))). Rent is going down at the moment. For 2 room flat you can get only $400 per month. I am puzzled how can one get twice as much in the same period. :?

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 14:58 

Tarantino wrote:
Mike76 wrote:

Really???))). Rent is going down at the moment. For 2 room flat you can get only $400 per month. I am puzzled how can one get twice as much in the same period. :?

2 rooms flat for only $400 per month? In the city centre?

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2014, 17:21 

Tarantino wrote:
Mike76 wrote:

I think we are talking about different things. 400-500 USD per month is price for long-term rent in areas not even close to city centre. Mike, probalbly, is talking about short-term rent where price is around 30-80 EUR per day depending on type of apartment. In this case you can realisticly make, say, at least 5 thousands USD per year. But owners must find a reliable agancy which will take care about property. It's not that easy.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2014, 17:28 

Tarantino wrote:
Mike76 wrote:

it is not about renting to students for a year or more. it's another business, renting on daily basis to business travelers. There is different thing and different money.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2016, 21:16 

Mike76 wrote:
Australian wrote:
Mike76 wrote:
Yes, he can. Some guys from Arab countries did so. However, you need to sort out your visa status first. Belarus does not give permanent residence automatically for property owners.

Thanks Mike. So you have to havve belarus permanent residence to own a flat?

Well, not really. Those two things are just not directly connected. For example, in Latvia of you are buying a property worth more that 300K EUR you will be given EU Residence Permit automatically. In Australia as far as I know you can buy even 1 million USD house and still face issues when entering the country. The same is here.

Normally, the usual way is to set up a company, get a long term business visa and then apply for a residence permit. The Arabs do this way. In the same time you may start looking for an apartment. Owning an apartment helps a lot in obtaining a residence permit.

Hi, if it is not possible and if you do not have residence permit, if you own a flat how will you visit the country after the buy a flat :? Here Belarusia everything unknown nobody does not know anything also lawers too.. I went to two different Ovir they said no or not sure.Very interesting to own a flat is possible for foreigner but you can not come to your own flat very interesting country :-) What do they mean ? We must come with visa after the own flat or what? i know that there is only 3 months visa .Who will buy flat for the visit only 3 months a year and visa is not guarantee too!!! There are only 2 ways you will not sell a flat to foreigners or you will give residence permit ...Therefore this country economy never will be better...

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 16:32 

Ready to help in buying property in minsk. Please contact me via email tiramisu65@mail.ru, big experience in one of the biggest real estate agancy of minsk :)

Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2