Username:

Password:


Forum about Minsk and Belarus

Forum about Minsk and Belarus

as part of The Minsk Herald
 
It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:47


All times are UTC + 2 hours






Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 13:54 
Offline

Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 00:06
Posts: 27
Sopke with some friends, they told me that it's not easy for a foreigner to buy and own a flat in Minsk. Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?


Top
 Profile  
 





 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 19:40 
Offline

Joined: 19 Jan 2014, 18:28
Posts: 46
Yes, he can. Some guys from Arab countries did so. However, you need to sort out your visa status first. Belarus does not give permanent residence automatically for property owners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2014, 00:13 
Offline

Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 00:06
Posts: 27
Mike76 wrote:
Yes, he can. Some guys from Arab countries did so. However, you need to sort out your visa status first. Belarus does not give permanent residence automatically for property owners.

Thanks Mike. So you have to havve belarus permanent residence to own a flat?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2014, 11:34 
Offline

Joined: 19 Jan 2014, 18:28
Posts: 46
Australian wrote:
Mike76 wrote:
Yes, he can. Some guys from Arab countries did so. However, you need to sort out your visa status first. Belarus does not give permanent residence automatically for property owners.

Thanks Mike. So you have to havve belarus permanent residence to own a flat?

Well, not really. Those two things are just not directly connected. For example, in Latvia of you are buying a property worth more that 300K EUR you will be given EU Residence Permit automatically. In Australia as far as I know you can buy even 1 million USD house and still face issues when entering the country. The same is here.

Normally, the usual way is to set up a company, get a long term business visa and then apply for a residence permit. The Arabs do this way. In the same time you may start looking for an apartment. Owning an apartment helps a lot in obtaining a residence permit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2014, 00:35 
Offline

Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 00:06
Posts: 27
Thanks Mike. So I can just walk into a real estate office, pay the money, and own a flat. Any real estate agency you can recommend in Minsk?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014, 18:23 
Offline

Joined: 19 Jan 2014, 18:28
Posts: 46
Tvoya Stolitsa is widely advertised. Check their web site t-s.by.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 09:07 
Offline

Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 00:06
Posts: 27
Mike76 wrote:
Tvoya Stolitsa is widely advertised. Check their web site t-s.by.

Thanks Mike. I check it out. It's a useful site.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2014, 13:52 
Offline

Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 09:24
Posts: 54
Location: Minsk
Australian wrote:
Sopke with some friends, they told me that it's not easy for a foreigner to buy and own a flat in Minsk. Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?

What type of flat are you actually looking for? A simple 1-bedroom or more? Is it for invesment or are you planning to live there (or just stay while visiting Minsk)? We will be able to give you more detailed information about property market in this country.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2014, 22:57 
Offline

Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 00:06
Posts: 27
MinskHerald wrote:
Australian wrote:
Sopke with some friends, they told me that it's not easy for a foreigner to buy and own a flat in Minsk. Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?

What type of flat are you actually looking for? A simple 1-bedroom or more? Is it for invesment or are you planning to live there (or just stay while visiting Minsk)? We will be able to give you more detailed information about property market in this country.

I am looking for 2 or 3 bedroom flat in the cenetre of Minsk. Close to metro or bus stops. It's for myself staying while visiting Minsk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can foreigner buy and own flats in Minsk?
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2014, 23:01 
Offline

Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 00:06
Posts: 27
for example: Продажа 2-комнатной квартиры по адресу г. Минск, Карла Маркса ул., дом 50.
They aske $3750 per m2. Any advice? Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


cron